GIZ’s Natural Resources Stewardship Programme (NatuReS) enables private-public-civil society partnerships to sustainably manage natural resources needed for improved livelihoods and continued economic development. As continuation of the International Water Stewardship Programme (2013-2018), NatuReS understands the complexity involved in working towards a resilient, natural resources secure future, where sustainable and inclusive economic growth and the protection of life sustaining natural resources are a central theme.
The objective of this session is to present selected cases, where the implementation of Water Stewardship contributes to resilient cities. It demonstrates how water stewardship at the city level can enhance economic development, empower communities and engage the private sector.
Speakers / Presentations:
– Sarah Beerhalter, head of Programme, GIZ NatuReS
– Lydia Ngonzi, technical advisor, GIZ NatuReS
– Lea Derr, technical GIZ NatuReS
– Alex McNamara, Programme Manager: Climate Change & Water, National Business Initiative, NBI, South Africa
– Fridtjof Behnsen, Country coordinator, GIZ NatuReS, firstname.lastname@example.org, Presentation Title: Benefits of Enhancing Water Security in an Industrial Zone for Dar es Salaam.
– David Mwamba, advisor, GIZ NatuReS, email@example.com, Presentation Title: Enhancing water security for a resilient Lusaka city: Benefits of water stewardship for corporates and commercial utilities.
– Brenda Mwalukanga, Coordinator, LuWSI
Moderator: Vasileios Markantonis, Advisor, GIZ NatuReS